Always use this medicine exactly as the doctor has told. Check with the doctor or pharmacist if the patient is not sure.
The usual dosage for adults (including the elderly) is one drop once a day in the affected eye(s).
Do not use LATAMOLOL more than once a day, because the effectiveness of the treatment can be reduced if the patient administers it more often.
Use LATAMOLOL as instructed by the doctor until the doctor tells the patient to stop.
The doctor may want the patient to have extra checks on the heart and circulation if they use LATAMOLOL.
Contact lens wearers: If the patient wears contact lenses, they should remove them before using LATAMOLOL. After using LATAMOLOL the patient should wait 15 minutes before putting the contact lenses back in.
Instructions for use: 1. Wash the hands and sit or stand comfortably.
2. Unscrew the cap.
3. Use the finger to gently pull down the lower eyelid of the affected eye.
4. Place the tip of the bottle close to, but not touching the eye.
5. Squeeze the bottle gently so that only one drop goes into the eye and then release the lower eyelid.
6. After using LATAMOLOL, press a finger into the corner of the eye by the nose by 2 minutes. This helps to stop timolol getting into the rest of the body.
7. Repeat in the other eye if the doctor has told the patient to do this.
8. Put the cap back on the bottle.
If the patient uses LATAMOLOL with other eye drops: Wait at least 5 minutes between using LATAMOLOL and using other eye drops.
If the patient uses more LATAMOLOL than they should: If the patient puts too many drops in the eye they may experience some minor irritation in the eye and the eyes may water and turn red. This should pass but if the patient is worried contact the doctor for advice.
If the patient swallows LATAMOLOL: If the patient swallows LATAMOLOL accidentally they should contact the doctor for advice. If the patient swallows a lot of LATAMOLOL they may feel sick, have stomach pains, feel tired, flushed and dizzy and start to sweat.
If the patient forgets to use LATAMOLOL: Carry on with the usual dose at the usual time. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If the patient has any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask the doctor or pharmacist.