Always use this medicine exactly as the doctor has told. Check with the doctor or pharmacist if the patient is not sure. The appropriate dosage and duration of treatment will be established by the doctor.
When this medicine is used alone, the dose is one drop in the affected eye(s) in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening.
If the doctor has recommended the patient use this medicine with a beta-blocker eye drop to lower eye pressure, then the dose is one drop of LAMISOPT in the affected eye(s) in the morning and in the evening.
If the patient is using this medicine with another eye drop, the drops should be instilled at least 10 minutes apart. Do not allow the tip of the container to touch the eye or areas around the eye. It may become contaminated with bacteria that can cause eye infections leading to serious damage of the eye, even loss of vision.
To avoid possible contamination, wash the hands before using this medicine and keep the tip of the container away from contact with any surface. If the patient thinks the medication may be contaminated, or if they develop an eye infection, contact the doctor immediately concerning continued use of this bottle.
Directions for use: 1. Before using this medicine for the first time, make sure the safety strip on the front of the bottle is unbroken. A small gap between the bottle and the cap is normal for an unopened bottle.
2. Tear off the safety strip to break the seal.
3. To open the bottle, unscrew the cap by turning as indicated by the arrows on the top of the cap. Do not pull the cap directly up and away from the bottle. Pulling the cap directly up will prevent the dispenser from operating properly.
4. Tilt the head back and pull the lower eyelid down slightly to form a "pocket" between the eyelid and the eye.
5. Invert the bottle, and press lightly with the thumb or index finger until a single drop is dispensed into the eye as directed by the doctor. DO NOT TOUCH THE EYE OR EYELID WITH THE DROPPER TIP.
6. If drop dispensing is difficult after opening for the first time, replace the cap on the bottle and tighten (do not over tighten) and then remove by turning the cap in the opposite direction as indicated by the arrows on the top of the cap.
7. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the other eye if instructed to do so by the doctor.
8. Replace the cap by turning until it is firmly touching the bottle. The arrow on the left side of the cap must be aligned with the arrow on the left side of the bottle label for proper closure.
Do not over tighten or the patient may damage the bottle and cap.
9. The dispenser tip is designed to provide a single drop; do NOT enlarge the hole of the dispenser tip.
10. After dispensing all doses, a small amount of the medicine will remain in the bottle. The patient should not be concerned because an extra amount of LAMISOPT has been added, and they have used the full amount of LAMISOPT that the doctor prescribed. Do not attempt to remove the excess medicine from the bottle.
If the patient uses more LAMISOPT than they should: If the patient puts too many drops in the eye or the contents of the container are swallowed, they should contact the doctor immediately.
If the patient forgets to use LAMISOPT: However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to the regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the forgotten dose.
If the patient stops using LAMISOPT: If the patient wants to stop using this medicine talk to the doctor first.
If the patient has any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask the doctor or pharmacist.