Brimonidine and Timolol are combined together in this medicine.
Brimonidine+Timolol is used to treat an increased pressure in the eye.
Use Brimonidine+Timolol eye drop solution exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not use more or less than instructed by your doctor.
To use the eye drop solution:
1. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before using the eye drop.
2. Shake the bottle well before using.
3. Tilt your head slightly backwards. With the index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch. Look upward and instill the required number of drops inside the lower eyelid.
4. Close your eyes and do not blink for the next 30 seconds.
5. Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a clean tissue.
6. Replace and tighten the cap of the bottle.
Do not allow the tip of the dropper of this medicine to touch your eyes, eyelids or any other surface. Recap the eye drop immediately after use. If the eye drop becomes contaminated, it could cause an infection in your eyes.
If you have been given any other eye drops or medicines to be used together with Brimonidine+Timolol, wait for at least 5 minutes before using other medicine.
Do not share your eye drop with anyone else.
Instill the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your normal dosing schedule.
DO NOT double a dose under any circumstances.
If you often forget to use your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Alert your doctor if you have the following conditions:
- lung disease e.g. asthma, severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- uncontrolled heart disease
as this medicine may not be suitable for you.
Do not use Brimonidine+Timolol if you are currently taking or have taken a medicine to treat depression known as a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) in the last 14 days or a tricyclic antidepressant (TCA). Please see the section “Can I use this with other medicines?” below for more information.
Do not give this medicine to children below 2 years old unless instructed to do so by the doctor.
Inform your doctor if you have the following conditions:
- other eye disorder
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- blood flow disorder such as Raynaud’s disease (poor blood circulation which makes the toes and fingers numb and pale)
- thromboangiitis obliterans (inflammed blood vessels)
- thyroid disease
- myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness disorder)
Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
If you are wearing soft contact lenses, remove it before using Brimonidine+Timolol eye drops. Wait for at least 15 minutes before reinserting your lenses.
If you are going for an operation, including minor surgery and dental work, inform your doctor or dentist that you are using Brimonidine+Timolol.
For as long as you are using this medicine, you may need to have your eyes checked regularly to monitor the pressure in your eyes. Your doctor will advise you about how often you need to have these tests.
Brimonidine+Timolol may cause drowsiness and some problems with your eyesight. If affected, do not drive or take part in any activity in which you need to be alert or need to see clearly.
Other side effects include any of the following: headache, dry mouth, eye discomfort such as burning sensation, swelling, irritation, itching, redness, dryness, pain and watering of the eyes.
Inform your doctor if any of these side effects do not go away or are severe, or if you experience other side effects.
Do not use Brimonidine+Timolol if you are currently taking or have taken a medicine to treat depression known as a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as isocarboxacid, phenelzine and tranylcypromine in the last 14 days or a tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) such as amitriptyline, nortriptyline, desipramine, imipramine and doxepin.
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any of these medicines:
- medicines for mood disorders e.g. chlorpromazine
- medicines for high blood pressure or heart disease e.g. clonidine, guanethidine, prazosin
- medicines for irregular heartbeat e.g. amiodarone, quinidine
- medicines for depression e.g. paroxetine, fluoxetine
- medicines to treat hyperactivity disorders e.g. methyphenidate
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Brimonidine+Timolol.
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children. Protect from light.
Medicines must not be used past the expiry date.
Do not use 4 weeks after first opening.